Monday, October 16, 2006

More Thoughts

I have a mobile number now - yay! Ray went out and got me a pay-as-you-go SIM card so now I can receive calls! There's, like, NT$50 on there so it's not much. I won't be using it to call out much at the moment, anyway, so it's good for now. I need to fax in the Customer Information Card (but it's a sheet of paper, not a card...) so the number won't be active until later this week.

I'm so grateful that Wen Yi is here lives here. Thank God I have someone I can call up easily and speak to in full English. I need it.

I think there are some other dust bunny thoughts around here but it's late and I can't remember them...

(The next day...) Right, now I remember.

I went out to Taipei today with May Gu, just the two of us. It was just like old times because we went to the party of the city where we used to always go for shopping and food, near Sogo department store. We did some window shopping around the area; May Gu bought a blouse. We spent quite a bit of time in a shop called Net, which is very much like Gap but less khaki and more Express.

There are a lot of English and American shops here. I know they have Gap here but I haven't seen it yet. I've seen The Body Shop (Yay!), Gold's Gym, Morgan, Baby Phat, Mango (Yay!), Levi's, Nine West and many more. Shopping is pretty amazing here but, BUT, they don't have an H&M here. *Sob!* I miss that store already...

I was browsing through the pictures from my school reunion and I realised I really am much darker than the rest of the girls. I'm much taller compared to them, too, and they're all so thin!
They're all so pretty and petite...good grief, I'm so unlike them. However, I do have the biggest chest...hardy har har.

Lastly, Beijing is killing off Engrish. Fun stuff. Maybe I should get a job wiping out bad English signage and rewriting them...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there much Engrish in Taipei?

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home