Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tetley's In Taiwan!

I went to Taipei again last night with May Gu because I had to go return/exchange a book at Eslite. Before we did that though, we shopped around Taipei 101. My favourite was Jason's Market Place on the first basement floor. Why? It sold all sorts of foreign foods and products, giving me small slices of home (read: what I'm familiar with).

There was so much there! I could probably live here and eat what I ate back in England (although I didn't see any steak or cottage pies...) and I was so amazed. Wennie had said that one can buy just about anything in Taiwan these days but I had no idea.

I don't remember everything that was there but I do distinctly remember Tide and Vanish, Patak's (Indian) curry sauces - omg, I can get curry here! *tear* - and best of all, English tea. YES, ENGLISH TEA!! Lemme shout it from the rooftops... just kidding! I remember a large selection of Twinnings, and also Yorkshire Tea (I have a box back at my parents' house in the States), PG Tips and Tetley's. Oh tea! Obviously, I bought a packet - it wasn't expensive by our standards, only £4 - and I had it this morning. Despite Taiwanese milk tasting different, it didn't really affect the taste of the tea; it tasted the same. *Sigh* I have tea, now...yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home