Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Today's Lessons is Brought to You by the Number 8

Ah, New Year's. I can barely believe that it's now 2008. This is going to be a great year. Nay, scratch that! It's going to be a fabulous year! Last year was fantastic and the year before was amazing. I'm sure '08 is going to top '06 and '07. Not only that, the number 8 is a lucky number in Chinese; the 8 [八; bā] sounds like "prosper" or "wealth" [發; fā], which is always a good thing. Of course, then Wikipedia goes on to say that the number 8 is also the number of destruction in numerology. Can't win them all I guess.

New Year's Eve didn't exactly go as I'd mentally planned. I shan't go into the details but suffice to say, someone didn't stick around and decided to drive 3 hours south with his mates to celebrate NYE with his mates in Portland. Lovely, huh. I was pretty angry, upset and all around pissed off all day NYE but luckily I have the most awesome friends in the world and I still had a great countdown-and-fireworks day even if I did have to give my kiss at midnight to Heather and a computer glitch screwed up our fireworks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home