Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vans Warped Tour 2008

Last weekend was the Vans Warped Tour at The Gorge Amphitheater. I went with my BFF Ryan, my sister and her friend to see about 50 bands perform, and lemme tell ya, it was HOT, HOT, HOT! (Pictures.)

The weather was incredibly nice once you got past the Cascades and it shot up to 95 degrees Celsius by 3pm! Ohmyfreakinggod it was almost unbearable! But as soon as the sun sets, it drops down to about 40 degrees. Needless to say, I got even more of a tan (then froze at night!) and I barely recognize my own skin color sometimes. I don’t think I’ve been this brown since I went to Israel in 2005. Then there were the hot rockers. Yum. There’s something undeniably appealing and sexy about them despite the fact that most of them are probably just fresh out of high school. Why is it that punk bands are always so young?

My sister and her friend had an awesome time, running from one stage to another to see their favorite bands, then back-to-back autograph signings, then to another stage for more performances. While the kids were waiting to get autographs, I managed to find a shady spot and grabbed a quick nap, and as good as that felt, it also made me feel so damn old! It’s as if I can’t keep up with 17-year-olds and I’m only in my mid-20’s!

All Time Low (They're pretty cute.)

The 4 of us stayed at an inn in the next town over and left on Sunday. Despite all the awesome music and fabulous company, I have to say our drive home was the most memorable because we almost got ran off the road. So get this: I’m driving 75mph in the far left lane with the 2 teenagers in the car with me and I see this green jeep coming up from behind me in the lane right of me. A minute later he’s a smidgen ahead of me then this motherfucker decides to change lanes without checking his blind spot to see if he’d cleared me or not!! The asshole swerves into my lane, and I honk madly at him as I swerve onto the shoulder to avoid a collision. The idiot just keeps on driving, that fucker, and so I switch lanes and flip him off as I pass him. Oh, I was SO pissed!! It’s a DAMN good thing I don’t have a Bond car or supernatural powers cuz I’d totally use them for revenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home