Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Barcelona Chair

Before I get carried away by my recount of Ceroc Canada's Sizzle at the Springs Weekender, I just need to say that I want a Barcelona chair (and ottoman, eventually). (I haven't raved about this have I??)

It's been on my List of Things I'd Like to Own When I Eventually Buy My Own House *breathe* for so long that I can't remember when it first appeared, but it wasn't until several months ago that I discovered its real name (I'd been calling it by "my chair" and often followed by an exclamation and a sigh of longing). I do seem to recall seeing it at Area 51 on Capitol Hill more than once several years ago because I had my face plastered to the window, staring and wishing. Luckily these moments happened at night (most likely en route to R Place or someone's house) so there weren't people inside giving me weird looks, just weird people outside looking at me like I was one of them.

Long story short, it was designed specifically for the German Pavilion at the Barcelona World Fair of 1928. More here. Knoll is the licensed source for this chair and Design Within Reach is having a Knoll sale...but the price is still painfully out of reach. Luckily, there are many other sources that make reproductions.

Now, about that house...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home