Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Catch-All

Holy jumping mammoths, it's been ages since I've written (again). Life's been busy, trés busy! I feel like the proverbial 9-5 worker bee who comes home everyday and is far too tired to do anything more than sit on the couch and vegetate. Okay, so it's not that bad but some days it just feels like it. Especially when I've had an exceptionally long day. Like one of those days where everyone decides you need to fix their Word doc or the printer or label maker or the camera. "Accept all changes to get rid of the cross-outs and colored text; it's not printing because the toner is out/that tray is empty; you change the text style by pushing the same button you were pushing before until it says 'Normal'; the camera's battery is dead, use the spare that's in the bag" and so on and so forth.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful chit - I am flattered that everyone believes I can fix just about anything - but sometimes being the catch-all is rough. And that's exactly what I am, in addition to my official title. Not to stroke my own ego but it does make me wonder how they ever accomplished anything without me. I've been very good at reigning in my temper for many, many years now but some things still try my patience.
At the end of the day, though, one should still always try to help those less capable and less fortunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home