Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hot Stuff!

Ryan, David, Kat and I went to Sizzle at the Springs, Ceroc Canada's first ever weekender and it was a BLAST! Workshops, lessons and a party amounted to ten hours of dancing although we only managed eight; the two missing hours went to a very brief nap and dinner. Since it'd been over a year and a half since I've danced properly, this sudden onslaught of Ceroc awesomeness was a bit overwhelming to my feet. And I think I may have to buy new dance shoes; they're over three years old and although they've have been resoled and reheeled, the straps are feeling a bit worn.

The weekender was held at Harrison Hot Springs, BC, and it was an easy three hour drive from Seattle. All the dancing was held in Memorial Hall and we had dinner at the Old Settler Pub. Their Loaded Burger and Schnitzel Sebastian were sooooo yummilicious! The little village was so pretty and Sunday's weather was perfect. We didn't do the hot springs but instead walked around town and along the beach, checked out the sand castles on display for the 3-City Challenge, "trekked" up to the hot springs source and took lots of pictures.

View from our hotel room.

The trail to the hot springs source.

Team Seattle's entry in the 3-City Challenge.


I know I've said this a million times but I just can't say it enough: I love Ceroc. It's not just the dance itself that is so fantastic, it's the whole atmosphere, all the different types of music and especially the people. Ever since my first session at St. Neots, I've always noticed that the people who go to Ceroc are some of the friendliest, loveliest and just plain nicest people. The people who came to the weekender were no different. I just absolutely love it. Until next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home