Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tuesday was housework day. That's all I did all day! I felt like a housewife...which was alright. I felt productive, having gotten so much work done. I took my sister to school, as usual, at the ungodly hour of 7am. Why do they make high schoolers start so damn early?! They need more sleep than the little kids! Anyways, I couldn't sleep when I got home so I chatted online for a several of hours, missing England and Sun Cafe.

Around noon I washed the dirty dishes from last night (lazy siblings!) and made lunch - spaghetti bolognaise! Well, it was actually farfalle (bow shaped) with bolognaise sauce (that's tomato sauce with ground beef to all you Americans) and it was pretty good. I even added a half of an onion, minced of course, but sadly didn't have more garlic. I have no idea where my mom keeps the garlic; I can't find anything in our kitchen! AH!!

Afterwards, my brother and I continued painting the rest of the room and decided to paint the popcorn ceiling, as well. We couldn't leave it the original colour as we thought we could; it looked way too horrible. But, as it's a "popcorn ceiling," the process was slow going and neck-cramp inducing. I know how Michelangelo supposedly felt like when he painted the Sistine Chapel...but then again, I think he laid on his back on the scaffolding to paint that. Well, anyways, if it were a flat ceiling, it'd so be done by now but as it is, it's only about half painted. I think we're running out of paint. Damn.

I also reorganised my closet. I threw out a bag of clothes, giving away 2 big bags of clothes to charity and also put in a hanging canvas shelf unit. It looks so clean and organised now! Yay. Feels SO good to get rid of all those clothes that I don't wear, didn't need nor want. Now I just have to do that to the rest of the house...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home