Monday, January 02, 2006

The Best of 2005 (cont.)

After reading last night's post, I realised I kept dwelling on a lot of sad moments and hardly talked about anything else! And here I was raving about how great my year was! Well, I was half asleep and slightly delirious when I was writing that; I really should stop posting when I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. Anyways, there was more to my 2005 than what I'd written yesterday! The best thing I did for myself was joining the ballroom and latin dance club at uni! I've been talking about taking dance lessons since I started college...4 years later, I finally went through with it! That's where I met Flick, Phil, Elena and Jess; they, including Ruth and Row, and Claire and Mike, were my dance buddies. (That's where I met Nick as well. Funny how Fate works, huh?) We had the best of times together! Flick is one of the most funniest people I know, especially when she's drunk - she becomes Drunk Flick then! She's also know as Cherie Blaire (Yeah, the wife of the English PM) because of her smile...oh my indeed. Phil is El Prez; he became the new president of the club when Penny graduated. He's also got THE biggest feet I've ever seen; he had to buy dance shoes from an American company because the ones in UK don't go up that high. Haha. El - the club vice pres- is also known as Princess Coral - she almost got a job as playing a mermaid character for children's' parties - and Big Eyes. She's got these great big, wide eyes that, when turned upon Phil, can make him do anything. Jess was my dance partner and our names constantly made things confusing. Ruth and Row were housemates of Phil and Jess (they lived in a 5-bedroom flat). Claire - club captain - is possibly the sweetest and ditziest girl I know; she's great. Mike, her boyfriend, is Flick's twin; it's like they're the same person and when they're together, they're too funny! Planet Coffee is their second home (Not my second home as I'm only there if Flick and Phil are there; I was always at Sun Cafe with Nick - they've got free wireless internet!) and Flick's started Planet Tea at her place, which she shares with El and Claire. Her, El and Phil absolutely love tea. We also have so many inside jokes; one of my favourite ones is 'Paris.' When we went to Blackpool to compete in the national dance competition, we stayed an extra day to explore and have fun. Well, Blackpool Tower looks like a stockier version of the Eiffel Tower and we joked that we were in Paris, which completely confused Claire - bless! - and the joke stuck.

We have too many hilarious moments together...like on Fetish Night at Asylum (the nightclub on campus), for Halloween, Phil had gone out drinking with his bowling mates and did this whatchamacallit drinking score card thing, where at a different pub he gets a different drink and the amount increases with every visit, like a pint there and 2 pints at the next one, etc. Looking at his score card, he'd made it all the way through and the amount of alcohol he'd consumed should've put him passed out flat on his face but, no, he was still standing and conversing at the end of the night. Impressive. However, he doesn't remember much of that night. Haha. And there was that time when I had a vodka and coke at dinner before dance class and, of course, got tipsy off that one drink - even though I'd consumed food, yes, I know, lightweight - and had the merriest time at dance. At the end of the class, I managed to trip over my own feet and landed in an unladylike sprawl on the floor. Afterwards, we all went to The Rez - the pub on campus - and I had myself 2 more vodkas and cokes. Boy, did I get drunk. Phil said I was completely bright red - duh - and apparently I kept singing all night. I think I drank so much that night because I was upset about something...don't really remember. I just remember that dance was a lot of fun that night!

And there's Yvette and Sophie. I met them both through Nick; they've been friends since their first year at uni. I'm far closer to Yvette and I am to Sophie; usually I have nothing to talk about with Sophie and she has nothing to talk about, period. Yvette, however, is amazing. Tall, beautiful and brown - yeah and gorgeously so! - she's also hilarious - God, her facial expressions are priceless!! - witty, smart, intelligent and ambitious. Her downside? She is the moodiest person I've ever met; she even said so herself. But it's alright cuz the rest makes up for it. Bottomline is, Yvette's a very good friend who, even though we've only known each other for 10 minutes (inside joke), has always been there when I needed her. She was there for me through the rough times - and if you read the previous post, then you know there were definitely some rough times - and supported me when I needed the support most. She's priceless. For everything else, there's Mastercard. She's also my only brown person to dance with when I was there. English people don't dance like American people; I can't really describe how the English dance but they sure as hell don't grind. Americans grind. They get dirrty on the dancefloor and I love it! Yvette's dancing was the closest to grind there. I can't wait for Ryan and co. to visit me in England; we gonna tear up da dancefloor!! Oh, and she's got bigger boobs than I do; they're magical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home