Sunday, December 18, 2005

Plane Tickets, Internships, Bunac, Etc, Etc, Etc.

Whew, reading over my last post...that's 'stream of consciousness' for ya there. It's a literary term and technique. I need to vent and need to be held. *Sigh*

I emailed a whole bunch of questions to Bunac about their Work in Britain program and got back a whole bunch of answers and that's progress. I'm so excited about it; I can't wait. (Deja vu..) As long as I show them a flight that shows that I will be leaving the UK - although I don't want to! - it'll be fine. I don't need a return ticket to the US. So that means I'll need to buy my Taiwan ticket super early. Damn. Well, dad's coming back soon so I'll have a chat with him and I bet he's got a lot to discuss with and say to me. I wish it were easier to relocate myself, but, of course, that's not possible...immigration laws, etc etc, blah blah blah. I understand, really I do. But I'm not going to seek refuge or find a better job or whatever; I'm going because I love the country, the culture, the people. That's where my future happiness lies! Too bad I can't make government officials understand that. My personal happiness and welfare is of no concern to them. Well, damn.

Plane ticket shopping...yeah, when I get my paycheck from my internship, I'm gonna book my plane ticket for March. And get my ISIC...I'll probably book with STA Travel because it's cheap to change my ticket if I have to. God, this is killing me. I'll also need to book a return ticket in June because that's when my graduation is. That I cannot miss. Everyone is looking forward to this. My parents have waited so long, talked so much, and so looked forward to this. All my friends here are looking forward to it; I'm the last one to graduate. I'm so glad to be finishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home