Thursday, December 08, 2005

Jack Vettriano

He's one of my most favourite artists. Doesn't his name just sound cool?? I discovered him several years ago - I don't remember when or where though - when I came across this painting called Dance Me to the End of Love.
I remember being absolutely captivated by it; it's beautiful. I probably love it so much because it's so romantic; even the title makes me go 'awww.' Slow dancing on a beach. How romantic can you get! The colours in the painting are so soft and nostalgic feeling; it's like light diffused. Of course, I love the clothes and the long evening gloves as well! So I looked up the artist's name and looked up his bio and his other works. Turns out, Vettriano's Scottish! A Brit! I've got a good nose..or eye. And I fell in love with his work before I found out he was Scottish. Ha! So there. I've got a small print of Dance Me to the End of Love and I want a print of some of his other work, too:

Back Where You Belong (I'm a sucker for romance.) (That'll be me - back where I belong - come March! Yay!)










The Singing Butler (Probably Vettriano's most famous painting.)











The Waltzers












The Billy Boys

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Kidd said...

I saw (from your Blog) that you are keen on the art of Jack Vettriano.

I am doing some research on what people like about his work.

Would you be willing to fill out a short survey for me? It’s here: www.vettriano.research-on-art.com

There is a prize draw of a Vettriano print or canvas of your choice.

Thank you.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home