Sunday, December 04, 2005

Friday Night

So, on Friday, Georgia, Betty, Jr and I all went down to Olympia (Washington's capitol; not Seattle!) to Ryan's house. We'd planned to hang out and go to Jake's, which is, according to Ryan, the only cool club down there...it also happens to be a gay club. Biased? Perhaps, haha. We also exchanged Christmas wishlists.

Jr has this thing about straightening hair. He thinks it's so hot when a girl irons her hair because (in his words) it shows that she took the time to make herself look sexy. Ernk. Wait, what the hell does that say about me?! I don't do anything with my hair besides shampoo and conditioner and brush...I just can't be bothered to straighten, curl, blowdry, etc, on a daily basis. And as if I've got time for that; I think my hair looks just fine...it just needs a little trim is all. Pfft. But anyways, we borrowed Jess' (Ryan's sister) straightener so Jr spent a long time, between us getting there and going out to the club, ironing my hair. And wow, my hair was so flat and smooth, it was weird. I think it looked pretty, too, but I couldn't do it again by myself; I'm hopeless when it comes to using hair styling tools. Jr kept gushing about it all night. He's so funny. *Shakes head*

Jake's was good. It was only $2 to get in but the drinks costed a small fortune! An AMF (Adios Mother Fucker) was, like, $9 when it's usually $5 or so up in Seattle. Oh well, there's always a trade-off. The music really, really reminded me of England though! It wasn't all pop and RnB; it had some 80s and rock songs mixed in (the DJ was really awesome) and it totally reminded me of Asylum and The Piper!! (They're two places I frequented the most while I was there.) There were also a lot more white people in this club than in Seattle so that kinda made the whole thing feel like England, too. They played a lot of 80s music that I'd hear in The Piper, and Franz Ferdinand and The Killers, both of which I'd first heard while I was there...it just made me miss home so much. :( I wish I was back.

After Jakes, we all went back to Ryan's and crashed at his place. Because I was so tired, I slept pretty deep but about half-way through the next day, my neck started hurting like hell. Ohmygosh, it hurt - and still hurts! - so bad; it's beyond 'ache.' The pillow I slept on was SO not firm, high, supportive enough (it was kinda of flat) and that caused some serious belated pain. I had to work Saturday 3 - midnight and by the end of the night, not only was I absolutely knackered, my neck hurt like the dickens and it was giving me a bloody headache. I was so tired when I got home that I actually took at bubble bath - at half past midnight - to try and relax myself. It didn't help too much, though. What I really needed was some serious pampering and a really, really good massage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home