Sunday, November 27, 2005

Black Friday

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving - THE biggest shopping day over here - and it's absolute madness and chaos. It's great. I'm one of those weird people that love jumping headlong into the fray, joining the masses in shopping. I'm the Queen of Shopping after all, haha! Most stores open around 6 or 7am; our mall opened at 7. JCPenny's, a department store here, opened at 5am. What the hell?! Them crazy Americans!! How bad is Black Friday you ask? Well, think Boxing Day shopping craze but multiply that by, like, 10. I think people start lining up as early as 3am. I suppose if you can get an ok desktop pc for only $200 if you're one of the first hundred people, then maybe it's worth it. That's a very big maybe. Anyways, I was at Vickie's at 6am to start work. My sister came with me; she wanted to go shopping! And since I was stuck at work, I sent her out to buy stuff. My mom gave her $100...and she spent it all and then some. Sheesh. However, she did get some good stuff: 2 t-shirts, 2 pairs jeans, a tank top, a jumper, a beaded clutch (read: handbag without handles), a beanie (knit hat) and matching scarf, and food. I got Express jeans for half off and they fit SO well. The other pair of jeans is my sister's and I managed to fit myself into those, too! There was some tugging involved but I could still breathe and it made my ass look fine! Oh well. I got my own jeans that fit perfectly and I'm happy with that.

Anyways, I was at Vickie's from 6 to 10, then I went down to Crabtree and worked till 7. I wandered about the mall a little afterwards but besides those jeans, there was nothing I needed. I was so tired afterwards..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home