Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pet Peeves

Let's talk about pet peeves. Wikipedia defines them as "a minor annoyance that can instill extreme frustration in an individual" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_peeve ...I couldn't resist the urge to give it a proper citation...). You know what a huge pet peeve of mine is? People getting my name wrong. No, I'm not talking about my last name; I'm used to that already. I'm talking about my first name! For God's sakes, it's JESSIE. How hard is that?! No, I'm not a Jessica and, no, I don't want you to call me Jessica; if I were, I wouldn't go by Jessie! It's even worse when this is all written and not verbal. When you see it written 'Jessie,' why do you write back with 'Jesse'?! What the hell?! It's spelled jay ee es es eye ee! Did you not see the EYEfreakingEE?!

So what brought on this tirade, you ask. Well, here I am sitting at work sending out emails requesting contact details - I'm updating our media list - and I get this email back saying, "Jesse blah blah blah." You're a freaking professional and my name is written twice in the email...how could you have spelled it wrong?! Wait, I know how: you weren't paying attention to what you were reading!! I find it incredibly disrespectful and it pisses me off damnit. Freaking A. Argh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home