Sunday, November 27, 2005

Day after Black Friday

Now I'm really, really, really knackered. I was at Crabtree at 7am and was there until 4pm; I started Vickie's at 5 and was there until almost 11. Lemme repeat that, in case you think you're reading that wrong: I was at work from 7am till 11pm. The mall is open from 8am to 10pm. Yes, I was there all day. I must be sick in the head or something to subject myself to 14 hours of work... But Vickie's really needed me this weekend. *Sigh* They hired so many new girls and most of them aren't very good associates. *Another sigh* I had to lay the smackdown at closing time cuz my manager was about to lose her cool with some of them. Two of the girls were spending way much time chatting instead of straightening the store; waste of time!! So I had to separate them, kindly but firmly of course, and get them workin'. Clara was soooo happy to see me and hear that I was closing with her; bless her, she's one of the coolest bosses I've ever had. I met a bunch of new girls today (almost 3/4 of them were new). Some of them are pretty cool but most of them leave something to be desired: either they need constant guidance, not pro-active enough or just don't know how to work. For God's sakes, have some freaking common sense!! Drives me nuts. So what do I do? I go around telling them what to do of course, and then it makes me look like I'm on some powertrip or something or manager-wannabe. Whatever. As long as the job gets done, and my manager's not gonna chastise me for me for making things run smoother; hell, they'd thank me. And they did. Tonight! So there.

But now I'm so very, incredibly, unbelievably tired. Mainly my eyes are heavy and my feet ache like there's no tomorrow...or like it's going out of style tomorrow...like fucking hell. I need a serious foot massage and that ain't no joke. My feet have died and I only wore flats today! But maybe they were too flat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home