Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Am A Shoe Whore

Why do shoes have to please me so immensely? Why do they have to bring me so much pleasure and happiness?? Woe is me!

Ha. Most women are separated into two categories: shoe lovers or handbag lovers. She may love both a lot but she has a smidgen more love for one than the other. Anyways, bottomline is I fall into the shoe side. I love shoes. They're one of my most favourite material things, ranking up there with books, arts and craft supplies and makeup. But why? I really could do without this obsession. Why do I feel like I have to have a pair of lemon yellow, pointy-toed, kitten heel pumps when I already have a pair of pretty pink, pointy-toed, kitten heel slingbacks? And why do I want a pair of brown, round-toed, low or no heel, knee-high riding boots? ...Oh...well, because I don't have a pair of brown, round-toed, really comfortable boots. And I don't do calf or ankle boots. Ugh. Most of all, I want a pair of peep-toe wedges, perferrably in a bright, if not outrageous, colour like lime green, lemon yellow or teal. I haven't a pair of those and they'd be so perfect for spring and summer. Sigh. I did buy a pair of new shoes today. They're for work; I really needed a pair of super, duper comfortable shoes since I'm on my feet so much and these are so nice. They're comfortable, sleek, professional black but they pull off the casual look so well, too. They're from Aerosoles. Best of all, they were on sale. I never pay full price for anything. Even though I actually needed these shoes, I was so reluctant to buy them because they were so plain. Oh well. I really needed them and they'll last for a long time and they're totally suitable for wearing to the office. It's an investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home