Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Hair Was Whack

Well, the hairstylist didn't say so in so many words, but I got the idea. Yesterday May Gu swung by the house and we scurried off together. She informed in the car that we're going to the salon. Again, you ask? Yeah, only this time it's a posh salon in Taipei - Vis à Vis. She was getting her hair straightened and said I was getting mine deep conditioned. Everytime she takes us, as in any of us younger cousins, it's always luxury city: we eat well, drink well and whatever else we do, we always end up spending a lot of money. I was, like, 'Sure.' Hey, if she wanted to pay, who am I to say no? I got a pedicure thrown in, too. And then a brow trim at the very end.

Posh salons sure are different, lemme tell ya! The massaging was sooooooo much better; I was falling asleep during it! The girl did an awesome pedicure and they carried O.P.I. nail polish, too! Yay.

After consulting with May Gu about what to do with her hair, the hairstylis, Yoko, turned her artistic eye to my hair and said, 'Why don't I give it a cut?' My response was a horrified look and a squaked, 'Shorter? Oh God, no!' She replied, 'No, no, not shorter. I'm just gonna give your hair a bit of shape.' Translation? 'Girl, yo hair is whack! You ain't leaving my salon lookin' like that!' Okay, okay, I hear ya loud and clear.

In the end, it was a good choice because she defined my layers and so it's got a bit of shape to it now besides being just long and straight. She also changed my part to the left, saying that if you keep the same part for too long, you'll start to go bald there - not that I've had my hair parted on the right long enough for it to start going bald.

So my hair looks nice but it's so thin now. I'm not terribly bothered by it since it grows like there ain't no tomorrow and it's the style here, but still, I have never been one to religiously follow the latest styles. Oh well, it's just hair and it'll grow out. At least it's not whack anymore!

1 Comments:

Blogger June said...

I actually like my thick hair but having it thin feels so much lighter!

mine's grown out so much now.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home