Thursday, February 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

We're not completely unpacked yet but we've done enough for it to feel like a home so here are some pictures. We're working on putting pictures on the walls and hanging a chandelier in the living room next. Stay tuned!

This is our living room with D's totally huge and comfortable couch and my awesome mid-century chair in the corner.


That's our kitchen. Almost everything that's out here in the common areas belongs to D (although the rice cooker is mine, go figure).


This is our dining area, right next to the kitchen. My laptop is a common fixture on that table.

These doors next to the dining area lead to D's bedroom and her bathroom. Just inside her bedroom door is another door connecting her bedroom to the bathroom. (It's a double master suite flat, by the way.)


This was taken from my bedroom door. Let's be honest here: I do not make my bed. Quite frankly, I don't see the point if I'm just going to muss it up again that night. If I spent all day in my room or if I was having guests over, then yes, I would make it more neat but this is what it usually looks like anyway. I sleep with three pillows (two of which are body pillows for propping me up when I'm reading in bed) and three blankets (two of which are furry/fuzzy Korean blankets that help keep yours truly warm at night). And at the foot is my other mid-century chair. (I really need to make new covers for them; that texture and drab green is doing no favors for anyone. D thinks a deep velvet green. Opinions anyone?)

This giant shelving unit mirrors my bed. (We sure love our IKEA Expedits, don't we?) I'm not done organizing it yet so the end result may be something totally different. I used to play video games on that tiny little TV but it's getting replaced; one of my coworkers is giving me her big(ger) one and this one's going to charity.

This is the view from behind my mid-c chair, looking towards my bathroom. My closet is in the wall to the right. For you modern furniture/design lovers, you'll no doubt recognize that clear chair sitting in front of my desk. Yes, that's right, that's my very own, OWN, Louis Ghost Chair by Philippe Starck for Kartell. Isn't it beautiful?? I've loved this chair for a long time (albeit not as long as the Barcelona) and I've finally got my little mitts on one. Gotta love craigslist! And I know what you're thinking: yes, those are all books in that bookcase and no, that's not all of them. I still have 2 fairly large boxes that need to be sorted and I don't think they're all going to fit on there, even if I am putting them on both sides of the bookshelf. Makes for a handy room divider, too.

A gratuitous shot of my Louis Ghost Chair. I'm obsessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home