Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yesterday, Wednesday, was Betty's birthday. Ryan and Junior were already in Seattle and we three were gonna go watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404032/) before heading out to meet up with Betty but we'd missed the showing so didn't. Missed a chance to scare myself silly, but oh well.

Anyways, I met up with Ryan, Junior and Matt at Matt & Georgia's place (I'll put a face to these names soon, I promise!). They live on Capitol Hill, near downtown Seattle, and I had to find street parking, which sucked. At the apartment, we sat around waiting for Betty to ring us and let us know where she wanted to go. We ended ringing her *rolls her eyes* and found out she was already drunk'ish at Wildrose, a lesbian bar a couple of blocks away. We got there and she was outside the bar, but still considered inside because there was a fence on the sidewalk, dividing "inside" and "outside." She gave me a sip of her beer, for me to try, and it was really bland, not gross like other beers. But when we went up to the door, with our IDs ready to show, the bouncer said, "You guys drank on the sidewalk. You guys can't come in." Then Ryan says, "I didn't drink," and the bouncer says, "I don't care, all you guys can't come in." Talk about SUPER RUDE!! He wasn't even nice about, like, "I'm sorry guys but you drank on the sidewalk and it's against our policy." They need to work on their customer service! I'm boycotting lesbian bars! AND, it wasn't even a proper drink; it was a small SIP. Geez louise! What turds!! Plus, he didn't have to be a total jerk about it.

So we went to R Place, a couple of blocks away, and waited for Betty and Co. there. It's a nice place, with a pub downstairs, a sitting area and pool table upstairs and another bar and dancefloor on the top floor. My friends are regulars there and I met a couple of other regulars. One of them was this Londoner, who was born in the US but was raised in England. Made me miss it so!! He was cool. We made our way upstairs to the dancefloor and the music was pretty good. I had my customary coke (I was driving, too) and we sat around watching the dancers for a bit. The music got better and we joined in.

Suddenly I spotted someone really hot in the crowd and pointed him out to Ryan. Apparently, the guy's a bouncer at R Place and looked like a cross between my friend Clara's husband and my ex-boyfriend, but way hotter than both. And Ryan wants him...but Ryan thinks he doesn't like him. I said that he looks and sounds to be one of those men-of-few-words type. OOooOO. I think they need to hook up. :D

And the funniest thing happened!! We were dancing on the floor and behind me was a mirror, which I didn't know was there. So we were dancing our heads off when I noticed someone behind me out of the corner of my eye and did a double take, thinking, "Whose ass is that behind me??" And it was MY ass!! Ahahahahaha!!!! I had that 'ohhhhhh i see' look on my face when i turned around to face my friends and they were all giving me the 'you did not think that was someone else did you' look and I grinned sheepishly. We laughed hilariously and laughed about it the rest of the night. Fun times, fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home