Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hull

Before I flew home last Wednesday, I went up to Hull for a few days to see some friends. It was really nice, being back there - it was 'home' for a year after all - and it was great seeing friends and catching up with them: Sophie, Flick, Claire, Tim, Kim, Helen, Kat, David and Margaret from Sun Cafe, and Linda and Hannah from Debenhams. It was so good to see them all and just to see what's been going on since I left over 10 months ago. I got to have the Snicker Steamer from Planet Coffee (I'd been thinking about that drink since I thought of going up), a latte and Korean tea from Sun Cafe, Chinese buffet at May Sum, and the best curry at The Last Viceroy.

I stayed with Sophie at her gorgeous house near the University. It's soooo big and beautiful, and retains so many of its original historical features; I love houses with character. I slept on her sofa-bed and, to my pleasant surprise, it was really comfortable! I wasn't expecting a sofa-bed to be so comfortable but I slept so well that I was actually slightly disorientedwhen I woke up the first time and it took me a minute to remember where I was - that hardly ever happens.

I think the best part was, besides seeing everyone, the bitch sessions I had with Flick and Claire. Well, actually Claire didn't bitch at all cuz she's happily steady with Mike, so for her, it was just regular girl-talk; for me and Flick, however, it was girl-talk + bitching. What'd we talk and bitch about? Our careers-in-progress. And men, of course. I had so much anger bottled up inside of me and it was making me feel like shit - I never bottle up anger; I just let it out when I get angry - and bitching about it with Flick felt really good. Unfortunately, I don't hold onto anger well so after bitching about it for 2 days, I'd lost a lot of my wrath by Tuesday; all I was left with were the words. Oh I was still pissed off but just without the rage; to be honest, I was really weary - I was all cried out, all raged out. I'm sure I can still summon up some anger if I think about it but why bother? Definitely not worth my time and energy.

But anyway, it was a good trip. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home