Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ceroc

Guess what I just did. DANCING!! OHMYGOSH, it's been too long! My workmate, Kate, goes to Ceroc almost every Tuesday in St. Neots nearby. Since she found out that I was in dire need of some things to do - and the fact that I loved dancing - she invited me along today to go with her. I went to her house first to eat dinner - her house is gorgeous - and I met her boys: 2 cocker spaniel mixed puppies (although only one's technically a puppy). They were SOOOOO sweet! Anyway, she drove us to the venue in St. Neots and we danced for 2 hours. It usually goes for 3 hours, until 11:45pm but we were both so tired (neither of us had slept well the night before) so we called it an early night and left at about 10:15.

Oh, but it was AWESOME!! I absolutely love dancing and I hadn't realised how much I've missed it until tonight. If I wasn't so damn tired, I'd have gone the entire 3 hours! Needless to say, I'm definitely going again next week.

What was really cool about it was that it was all really organised. Newbies were given pink stickers to identify themselves as 'New Movers' so that someone more experienced would know to not throw them about the dancefloor. Haha! And they had what were called Taxi Dancers; they were there solely to dance with the newbies and help them get more familiar and comfortable with the steps and dancing in general. That is a great idea. That way we, the New Movers, had several familiar faces we could feel comfortable with.

I loved it!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

我喜爱跳舞

I love dancing (Ceroc) - and went to St. Neots once - it was as you say, very well organised and great fun!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Whaddaya mean 2 boys? How about her lovely husband Richard, do I not count as a male inhabitant of said residence?!?

For the record, Charlie and Max (our dogs) are not cocker mixes (how rude!!!!) - they're actually Cavalier King Charles Spaniels - very posh puppies indeed!

You can see them at http://thomasjamesbarnes.blogspot.com - as well as our new boy in the house - Tom.

There you go Jesse - you stand corrected :-). Hope all is well over the pond....

6:33 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hahaha. Posh puppies indeed! When I wrote this, I'd totally forgotten what kind of breed they were so thank you for correcting me. And I said '2 boys' because she didn't call you one of her boys. :P So there!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home