Sunday, April 23, 2006

Victoria's Secret (US) and La Senza (UK)

Victoria's Secret has a bra called Secret Embrace from the Angels sub-brand.
Chosen "Best Enhancer Bra in America" by SHOP Etc.® Revolutionary new one-piece padded bra uses seamless technology for the smoothest, most comfortable fit and a barely there feel. Seam free. Label free. Scalloped front. Twinned adjustable straps with back closure.
That's copied and pasted directly from the website. It is such a nice bra; I own one, haha. (Of course!) It's the best-fitting bra I've ever tried and believe me, I've tried a LOT of bras. (Did you know that over 70% of women wear the wrong size bra?? Goodness. It is SO important to wear the right size and kind of bra.)

Anyways, I was window shopping yesterday and wandered into La Senza. They're like the English equivalent to Vickie's...and up until yesterday, I hadn't realised how true that was. Check this out: La Senza has a new bra out called ITEC and this is directly from their website:
lasenza
The microfibre La Senza ITEC Bra has been designed to look invisible under clothing. The one-piece padded Plunge Bra is SEAM FREE, STITCH FREE & LABEL FREE.

It has concealed underwiring and smooth moulded cups with incorporated foam padding to boost cleavage.
Look familiar?? Check out the pictures! They're the same!! What a coincidence! They're both push-up bras (oh pardon me, I meant cleavage enhancing bras), both use the same foam-like technology, both are tagless, seamless and stitchless, both are twinned strapped, AND (this is the cherry on top) both have scalloped edges on the front! The same style of scalloping (is that even a word?). I know this for sure because I was wearing my Vickie's one when I tried the La Senza one. There is one difference, however: it doesn't fit as well. The edge of the cup kind of dug into my breast, leaving a (very) slight indentation. Granted, most women would shrug and just say it fits fine. It doesn't. A bra should sit smoothly against your skin and it should be an almost seamless transition from bra to breast. Try your shirt (hopefully you're wearing a fitted t-shirt) to see the end result. I did and that 'slight' indentation was clearly visible (from the side) even though I was wearing black (it hides a multitude of sins, by the way). That is a big NO-NO. End of discussion.

Oh, the La Senza one is a bit cheaper, too. Vickie's has theirs for $42-$44; La Senza has theirs at £20. (The £ is a little bit less than twice the $ at the moment.) If I bought the La Senza one, I'm pretty sure it'll stretch out and then it'd fit fine...but do I want to do that? (I do need a new nude bra.) Well, I may go back later and try it again. To be honest though, I'd still rather have Vickie's cuz I know theirs will fit and it will fit perfectly. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home