Thursday, April 20, 2006

The One That Got Away

It slipped through my fingers. I should've held on when I had the chance and now...well, now it's too late. BUT, Fate has smiled upon me and given me a second chance! Yes, that's right, a second chance. Can we say woohoo? 'Woohoo.' Niiiice. That's right folks, there are second chances in life. Just get a load of this: right before I left the States again, I was shopping at Forever 21 (I had some merchandise credit) and found the cutest dress! It was all black, empire waist, and was pleated georgette from the waist down...best of all, it was the only empire waist top/dress (an empire waist dress is also known as a babydoll) that I've tried that didn't make me look pregnant! (It's a known hazard with that style of top/dress. The pregnant-when-you're-not-pregnant look is not cute. Don't do it.) Well, I really didn't need that dress - I could've used it, mind you, because you can never have too many black dresses and I only have one, which is long-sleeved so it's only good for cold temps - so I didn't buy it. Oh, fool that I was! Anyways, I keep thinking about it but as it was right before I jetted off, by the time I decided I wanted it, it was too late and I was half-way across the world in England (but yay for that!). Even if I tried ordering it now over the phone or via a proxy shopper, it's too late because of the rapid turnover of their stock. The stuff there never stays there long. Now here's where the second chance steps in: I just found the exact same dress at a shop here. Dorothy Perkins has the same black pleated georgette babydoll dress! Luckily, Dorothy Perkins doesn't go through their stock like there's no tomorrow so it'll be there for a while. Unluckily, it's £35. What's more, you know how my shopping motto is 'never pay full price for anything'? I can get a student discount of 15% off there. Suh-wEEt. I'm not a student anymore you say? I have an ISIC card. (International Student Identification Card.) Ha. Don't know if I want to spend that much on a dress that I may not be able to wear often enough...but if I can find a very girly cardigan to go with it, to tone it down a bit for more everyday wear, then it's a more viable option. Hrmm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home