Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Meet the Design Team

I went to London today to meet our design team. They were great people and as they were giving me an overview of what they do, I found myself quite envious of their job. That's not to say that I don't love what I do - I do love what I do - but theirs is so much more creative and the artist in me wants that outlet. Oh, I get to do it from time to time at work but only to such an extent. I'd love to hold the Project Coordinator position because I know I'd love organising all the accounts and making sure everything's on schedule and I know I'd kick ass at it. Ah well, I've got a good job now and let's just start with that. Traipsing around London took up most of our day; I also had to finish getting my visa sorted. Oh, didn't I mention that? Ha. Well, it turns out that the immigration officer at Heathrow totally didn't know what a Blue Card visa was and although his colleague knew, he still ended giving me the wrong stamp in my passport! So to correct it I had to actually leave the country and come back in and make sure that this time, I got the right stamp. So I had to go to Dover, England, and take the ferry over to Calais, France, and then come back. As it turns out, the crappy way they had the train and ferries scheduled didn't sync up so I literally had to get off the ferry and get right back on the next one coming back. And I barely made it to catch my the last train back to London. How crappy. Anyways, now that I got the right stamp, I had to get my visa properly validated and checked over to make sure that it was all a-okay. And it was. Phew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home