Sunday, April 23, 2006

I Should've Become an Interior Designer

My room is my canvas and it's blank. That means I get to decorate and 'Jessify' it. FUN! First I need a focus point and since I have lavender curtains, I've decided to focus the room around that. (No pink, you exclaim?! Yeah, that's right: no pink.) It's a nice colour and I can't wait to get going on this project! Lush lavenders and sumptuous violets, rich amethysts and oputlent plums, contrasted with...? Greys, perhaps...mostly pale greys I think, like pewter and chalk. Off-whites, like ivory and porcelain. Yes, I think those colours would work reallly well. Oh I'm so excited!

I'm shopping around online for art because I'm definitely putting something up on the walls, and I came across this one from Habitat that caught my eye:


I think it's lovely...all those colours... It's called Joshua Tree by Katy Lynton and it's running at £40. Black & white prints would also look really well on the walls I think. Maybe I should just turn some of my pictures from traveling into black & white and have them reprinted. It's a thought... Definitely a possibility... Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like it. I just have to get my pictures transferred from my desktop back in the States to my laptop here... Yeah, I'm definitely going to do that. Black & white prints in a room of purples, greys and whites. Nice. :D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OmG. That painting is soooo cute. Thought I'd let ya know.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home