Thursday, April 27, 2006

Am I Just Old-Fashioned?

I've been noticing a trend around me and it's got me wondering why. So many people around me are having babies! They're popping out of the woodwork! Not only that, the people who are having kids aren't married. Now, don't get me wrong, having babies is all fine and good, and I'm not being judgemental. It's just...why? Why don't people get married first before having kids? Marriage is a big commitment, yeah I know, but kids are a huge commitment. I mean, come on! They're kids! So why? That's what I wanna know. If you can't commit to marriage, why are you committing yourself to creating and rearing another human being (or 2)? Which one entails more responsibility?? And these new parents are all young people; none of them are even 25 yet! But then this got me thinking some more...am I being silly? Am I being too traditional and stuffy? Am I just too old-fashioned??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not old fashioned.
You're being logical and realistic.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home