Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving Saturday in Xi Men Ding

Thursday was Thanksgiving. I can't remember what I did last Thanksgiving but I remember the year before's: I roasted turkey breasts - yes, turkey breasts cuz a whole damn turkey was too much for me to do - and made a small feast for Nick P., Yvette and Sophie. They dubbed it 'Wine Night' because they ended up having too much wine and we had a great night of hilarity (keeping in mind that this was only the second time I'd met them). Good times.

This year, Thanksgiving day was uneventful since no one celebrates it here but a bunch of us from the Alumni Association got together for dinner in Xi Men Ding: Amy K. and her bro, Roy, Claudia and Jeff, and me and another Amy. (As a side note: Amy's brother is actually kinda cute and I say 'actually' cuz y'all know I'm never attracted to Asian guys. Meh.)

Anyway, Amy K., Claudia and I scurried off to a shop to look at a jacket I had spied earlier while the boys waited for the other Amy. They thought it looked really cute - and I do have a weakness for jackets and coats (and shoes and pretty, shiny jewelry things...) - and it was quite a good price so I got it. Claudia and I discovered that we're quite alike in our shopping techniques and philosophies; disturbing to find out that there's someone like me when it comes to shopping, reassuring to know that I'm not alone when it comes to what lengths I will go to get a pair of shoes I really want, hilarious are the stories we have to tell and because the lengths we will go is really quite ridiculous, awesome because of all of the above. We're definitely going shopping together sometime...although it could be very risky as we might end up encouraging each other and basically being a bad influence on one another. Oh well :D!

We spent quite a long time at dinner; half of us had pasta (decent!) and half had rice dishes. There was a lot of laughter the entire night. I mean, a lot. We exchanged stories, experiences, memories, and basically got to know each other. It was so much fun and it felt so good speaking English non-stop and freely; I didn't have to worry about slowing down my speech or avoiding complicated words.

On our way home (we all had to get on the MRT), Amy guessed that I'm a Leo. Whoa. She's the second person to have, the first being Katherine at The Studio. I can understand why she'd have thought that - her second guess was Sagittarius haha - because she only saw, and has only seen, the Leo-esque side of the Gemini. Not that we totally believe in astrology but it's fun to read about. The people here, on the other hand, do put a lot of stock in astrology signs; hell, they even ask you that in interviews to determine if your personality is suitable or not! *Shakes head*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home