Monday, November 06, 2006

Taichung

This past weekend I went to Taichung to visit Wennie. I don't think I've ever been but if I have, I don't remember it.

Anyway, I went down on Saturday via coach and she came to pick me up. She had brought her neice, Ni Ni, and her friend, Zang Ma. We went to have some lunch and she called up her friend, Yi Zheng, to come out with us. Yi Zheng ended up driving and bringing his dog Mae Mae - a gorgeous dalmation - and we all went to Taichung Harbour. There's a huge fish market there as well as many, many food stalls.

That night Wennie was going to take me out to a famous salsa bar but we went to the Frog Pub instead. The change of plans was her fault because she mentioned that there are always a lot of foreigners in Frog Pub and I was, like, 'Eh? Lots of foreigners you say? We're definitely going there instead!!'

They were all upstairs and we chilled out there for a while, just sitting and chatting and checking the people out. It almost felt like I was in a pub back in England. How I miss it...

The next day, she took me to Puli but we didn't go to Sun Moon Lake or the Aboriginal Culture Village; we went to the brewery museum instead. It was pretty cool reading about how they made alcohol from way back in the day to now.


We walked around the place, checking out all the stalls that sell products made from wine and beer, i.e. skin treatment products made with wine, chicken feet stewed in beer, etc. There was even a small koi fish pond (I love koi fish!) on the far side of the parking lot.


More pictures here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home