Sunday, November 12, 2006

Alumni Reception for Dr. Hartwell

Dr. Hartwell, a professor of genome sciences at the UW and the president and director at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, was in Taiwan last week and the Taiwanese branch of the UW Alumni Association held a small reception for him at The Sherwood Taipei. David had just informed me that there was a Taiwan branch of UW alumni and I contacted the group organiser, Amy Kung, just in time to attend the reception.

It was a nice little affair, all in all. The best part was meeting fellow alumni, reminiscing about The Quad and talking about the transition from the US to Taiwan. Even though I don't know any of them, just being fellow alumni almost = instant friends. Cool, eh?

After the reception, we (the younger alumni) took another group picture and we decided to be funny and do the Asian peace sign. Oh geez, if I ever come up with that stupid idea, someone please slap me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Inconnue said...

I see you have perfected you Taiwanese-"V"-I'm-so-cute hand sign for all picture taking purposes. LOLOL.
You're hilarious, but I bet you just couldn't help it.
Happens to the best of us... LOL.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

eww SOOOO not true!! it was a temporary lapse of sanity - someone must've spiked my oj - and it will never happen again. >:P

2:46 AM  
Blogger Inconnue said...

Okay.
This is way scary...
I just wrote that comment after taking a look at the picture but without reading what you had written.

Then after posting the comment, I go back and read your whole entry and find:

"After the reception, we (the younger alumni) took another group picture and we decided to be funny and do the Asian peace sign. Oh geez, if I ever come up with that stupid idea, someone please slap me"

Proven over and over again: We think alike.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Inconnue said...

:O We even post comments at the same time...

2:49 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

da-yum.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home