Tuesday, December 12, 2006

1 Week Down, 1 More To Go

Good grief. I've been so busy in the past week, I've hardly been around at all! I've been working, running errands (like sorting out my bank details), helping my friend translate chapters from her English MBA textbook to Chinese, which drove us both a little closer to the edge of sanity (can't directly translate because English and Chinese sentence structures are so different; a direct translation leaves the sentence in scattered pieces), and going out with friends and family.

Sunday saw me at the same Cash Box in Taipei (near SOGO) that I went to with my elementary friends last month for karaoke. This time I went with my alumni friends - Claudia, Amy K. and Ray - and Jeff joined us later after work. After 3 hours of singing - I was deemed 'old' because the only Chinese songs I know are ones from over 10 years ago hahaha - we went and had Korean for dinner, hanging out there chatting way after we were done. Oodles of fun!

My second auntie took me and Ming Ming out to Jing Shan (Golden Mountain) on Monday for lunch and to bathe in the hot springs there. Hot springs are pretty popular in Taiwan and there are lots of places to do it; I remember we often went to Wu Lai when I was little and living here.

The place we went to provided massage services so we all had one. Now, I was thinking, 'Mmm, spa massage, nice and relaxing...' Whoa-ho, was I wrong. The massage was more Thai than spa! Bloody hell. My neck and shoulders feel like one massive bruise! It was supposed to be relaxing but I'm worse now than when I was before I got that damn massage.

Anyway, I'm getting more and more impatient to fly as the 20th draws closer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

two more days!!!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home