Sunday, February 18, 2007

A British Affaire

I'm clump-blogging, apparently...

Anyway, I've been running out of tea. OH NO! Exactly my reaction. The box Nick got me two Christmases ago (yes, two years ago...I've been in and out of the country so it's taken me a while to make a dent in it) was running low and I needed a refill. I was going to ask Tony to post me a box but I had discovered a shop here called A British Affaire, specializing in all things English. Can we say YAY?!?! I think I literally squealed when I found a description of it in Where magazine. I checked it out last weekend and boy was I happy. McVitie's Digestives, Quality Street chocolates, Aero... and, and Sharwood's and Patak's cooking sauces. Can we say curry?! CURRY! Best of all, of course, there was so much tea! I was in a bit of a daze at all the tea at my fingertips: Tetley's, Twinings, PG Tips, Yorkshire Gold, Typhoo, and Taylor's of Harrogate. I picked up Tetley's Decaf. Now that I've refilled my tea supply, I need to pick up some milk...

The shop keeper told me that they'd opened a second shop in Tacoma and it's going to have a tea room, too. Oooh! He also told me that if there was something that I wanted and they didn't carry it, I should talk to the owner and they'd try to get it for me. Cool! Maybe I can get Jordan's cereal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home