Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!

I love shoes. I've said it once and I'll say it again: I'm a total and complete shoe whore. I love shoes as much as I love books; they're number two on my list of favourite material things. That's a lot of love. Since Autumn 2005, I've been looking for a pair of equestrian boots. They're not for riding, of course, since I don't know how to ride a horse but I so want to learn!

Anyway, I digress. So I've been looking all over for knee-high, low-heeled, round-toed, chocolate brown boots devoid of any embellishments. Simple, right? Wrong. Plain brown boots are not that easy to find - and keep in mind that I'm a babe on a budget! - and to make matters even more difficult, it's seldom that I'll find a boot that'll zip up my calf. I mean, who has pencil thin calves anyway? Sigh. I had originally planned to go to Italy last summer, while living in Cambridge, to splurge on a pair of Italian leather boots. Obviously, things didn't pan out as I'd wanted and a year and a half on, I'm still boot-less.

Cue the post-holiday sale! I love sales, too, especially when I find exactly what I'm looking for at 50% off original price. Yeah, that's right - I found my boots!! They're from Aldo, called Pau, and were a mere $70 after tax! They're real Italian leather and although not exactly knee-high, they're pretty damn close at an inch below the knee. And at that price, how could I say no?

Do you have any idea how good it feels to finally find something that fits perfectly with what you were looking for? I feel so satisfied, you've no idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home