Thursday, January 11, 2007

Looking Back

I'm a sucker for these things...

1) Where did you begin 2006?
Hugging and kissing strangers in a club.

2) What was your status by Valentine's Day?
I thought I was part of an item but the other half of the item didn't bother to mention to me that I was labouring under misapprehensions.

3) Were you in school (anytime last year)?
Yup, finishing up my degree.

4) How did you earn your money?
Work, work, work! I held 3 different jobs.

5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Nope.

6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
Nope.

7) Where did you go on holiday?
Holiday? What holiday??

8) What did you purchase that was over £500?
Nothing, but my flight to Taiwan was almost £300.

9) Did you know anybody who got married?
No, but I've got 4 weddings to attend this year - 2 US, 2 UK. I attended an engagement party, though.

10) Did you know anybody who passed away?
James Brown and Former US President Gerald Ford.

11) Have you run into anybody you left high school with?
Yup - my best friend who got engaged this year.

12) Did you move anywhere?
God, yes. 3 times even. US to UK, UK to Taiwan, Taiwan back to the US.

13) What sporting events did you go to?
American football with Raven, who was playing. Woo, go Cats!

14) What concerts/shows did you go to?
The All-American Rejects! WOO!! I heart them.

15) Are you registered to vote?
Of course.

16) Who did you want to win Big Brother?
Eww, that's nasty. I don't watch it and I don't care about it.

17) Where do you live now?
I'm back in the states, in Seattle.

18) Describe your birthday.
It was so uneventful. I worked the whole day and then had dinner with Yseult. It was Italian - Bella Italia - and the food was quite good. She gave me a card :D! But it was Kate's birthday that Saturday, so she invited me to celebrate together with a really nice dinner with her husband, my boss and mutual friends/co-workers. She's awesome. And Val gave me a box of Gordan Ramsay chocolates, which were verrrry nice despite the fact that if I ate more than one, I'd get a migraine.

19) What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2006?
There wasn't anything I thought I would never do last year.

20) What has been your favourite moment?
God, there were so many! New Year's Day, the moment I flew down the hill on a snowboard without stopping, getting into BUNAC, last day of uni, getting my tattoo, flying back to the UK, first day at NXT, meeting Lam at the bus stop my first day in Cambridge, first day at Ceroc, birthday day dinner with Kate, Val & co., flying home for graduation, Ceroc in Cambridge with Flick, and meeting Raven and Niko, Ros, Ashley, Tess, Nicky and Jonathan, John and Johnny, dim sum and shopping with Lam, American football with Raven, Ceroc with Flick and Yseult, The Fez Club with Lam and Rasmus and friends, Heather's care package, my first time driving in England, The Studio, Officers' Summer Ball at Bassingbourn Barracks, Niko's passing up parade, last day at NXT, The All-American Rejects concert, going to the shotgun range and blowing up clay pigeons with Raven, Johnny and Lucy, Strada with Raven, Yseult and Johnny, Ceroc freestyle night at St. Neots, meeting the new members of my extended family (babies!), school reunion, finding Tetley's tea and Patak's curry sauces in Taiwan, karaoke singing with mates, teaching my first class, teaching my last class and saying goodbye to my favourite students, flying home, Em's engagement party, New Year's Eve. Let's just say I had an awesome year.

21) What's something you learned about yourself?
I remember far more Chinese than I thought I did. Amazing!

22) Any new additions to your family?
Cousin Tse Shing's husband.

23) What was your best month(s)?
March, July and September.

24) What music will you remember 2006 by?
Miami Vice soundtrack and Christina Aguilera's 'Ain't No Other Man.'

25) Who has been your best drinking buddy?
I don't drink much, so I haven't one really...however, all my friends are great drinking buddies. (Oh God, that reminds me of that night at Strada with Raven, Yseult and Charlie...that's what happens when you mix Jess with good wine, good food and good company!)

26) Made new friends?
Tons!! And I miss you all. :'(

27) Best new friend(s)?
Raven, Yseult and Lam, and I became closer to Flick, too.

28) Favourite night out?
The Fez Club with Lam, Rasmus and friends, and the night of the ball both rocked my socks off.

29) Any regrets?
None. I don't do regrets.

30) Worst month?
October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home