Sunday, January 28, 2007

Last Night

We went out last night to celebrate Ryan passing his physician's assistant (PA) exam. I had no doubts he'd pass - he always passed our chem and bio exams - but he was a bit worried because he'd heard about some of the questions. Well, he passed and that's all that matters now. Yay, go Ryan.

At about 3pm, we went to Tammy's to sing karaoke. She has one of those magic microphones and they're soooooo cool, I want one! The only equipment is a microphone - it has about 2000 songs built-in and all you have to do is plug it into the TV. Easy peasy. I'm quite good at songs that need to be belted out - i.e. Celine Dion (Hey, don't knock her! I like Celine.) - but one of my best scores was Evanescence's My Immortal. (Yeah, the machine scores you out of 100 and even gives commentary.) w00t w00t!

Jr came over directly from school (he's going to the Gene Juarez Academy). Being a hairstylist is so perfect for him and he loves it, especially working with his flat iron. My hair and I love him and his flat iron, too. He trimmed Ryan's hair and Georgia's bangs/fringe, and did mine. I asked him to straighten it but he curled it instead. Jr's so funny; he kept gushing about my hair, saying, "Omg, Jessie, your hair's so bomb. It looks so bomb." Georgia nodded and Ryan said, "Haaawt" with a thumbs-up. I checked it out in the mirror after Jr was done and, to use his words, my hair was bomb. It looked like what the professional stylist did at The Studio photoshoot. My hair was hot and I looked good. Woohoo! Curls look really good in my hair because it makes the red really stand out...or maybe it's the other way around, with the red making the curls stand out. Luckily Tammy had some hairspray so my hair could stay curled for the rest of the night.

We left close to 7pm, had sushi takeaway at Ryan and Georgia's, changed clothes, touched up on makeup and zipped over to Capitol Hill. We were supposed to meet Matt and Kenny at the Garage for one of Matt's coworkers' birthday do, but they weren't there yet so we had a couple of drinks at Purr first. Both were very nice places and I wasn't charged for my Coke at Purr. Free ninety-nine is always good in my book!

R Place was hoppin' as usual. Ryan was expecting to see Mykal there and was very excited about seeing him again. Everyone got drunk except me and Jessica, so all was quite merry. Remember the straight guy I met at R Place the night we went out for Matt's birthday? No, I didn't see him again. I met another one! That's two - count 'em, TWO - straight guys I've met at R Place. That's progress girlfriend! (And oh, how times change...) We were getting ready to leave the club when Patrick asked where Jr was. I said, "Outside," but a guy stepped between us and intercepted my reply, then he paused in front of me...and held out his hand. Eh? It's just natural to hold out your own hand when you see one being held out to you, so I shook his hand and looked up into a very cute face. Ooohhh. Yeah, I hear ya. I smiled and he replied, "You are beautiful." Now it's one thing for your my friends to say I'm beautiful - they're supposed to say it because it says so in the Friendship Rules Book - but it's a whole 'nother story when a complete stranger says it. Insert an image of me beaming - "Thanks!" Then he grinned and asked me if I was straight. Apparently it was the right answer because he said, "Yes!" and gave me a big bear hug and several kisses on the cheek. I guess he's straight, too, hehehe. I was still a bit startled at the compliment and totally forgot to even ask him his name, let alone give him my number. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home