Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Helio

So I've been hearing a lot about this Helio don't-call-it-a-phone company, and it's all over Gizmodo as well, what with the Helio Ocean making a big splash (sorry, I couldn't resist) and all. Plus, I've also seen it on MySpace and its the commercials on TV - weird but memorable - so I decided to go check it out and see what all the hubbub was about.

It is cool.

The phones are relatively well-priced but it's not the devices that I'm liking; it's all the services that are included that are so awesome. Unlimited text/picture/video messaging and IM, MySpace Mobile, 3G and GPS-enabled Google Maps (very handy when the man gets lost and doesn't bother carrying a map in his car). Verrrra nice, no? I still have my heart set on getting the Sony Ericsson K790/K800 Cyber-shot phone (although its new S500 is also gooooorgeous!), but all this unlimited stuff (it's a helluva lot cheaper, too) may just tip me over to the Helio side...of course, I still need to wait until my contract with T-Mobile ends. Drat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home