Monday, April 09, 2007

A Habit

I've got this habit, neither good or bad I think, of slipping into an English accent whenever I speak to a Brit. It happens everytime I speak to my friends in the UK, like when I rang up Ros and Raven yesterday afternoon. Perhaps it only happens when I'm talking to my friends but then an English guy called while I was manning the front desk and I did it again! I try to suppress it because some people might think I'm a pretentious twat, which I'm not thank you very much, when I do that. But then again, do I care about those people's opinions of me? Frankly, no - they can all just piss off. If you know me, then you'd know it's something that happens unconsciously. It's amazing how almost two years abroad can change one's life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Inconnue said...

I think it happens to everyone, subconsciously.
My friends say they do it too.
Even I do it. Like when I talk normal, it's normal. When I talk to the Chinese people in my class, my grammar goes all shitty. When I speak to Indians, I use total Indian slang.
It happens. I even talk different when talking to my mum's family and my dad's family. Haha.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home