Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Job

Woo, I got a job! Last Saturday was my official last day at Crabtree and I am so glad to get out of retail finally. I had two second interviews last Friday - one with the local newspaper and one with a commercial real estate company - and was totally feeling both. Turns out, they both wanted me. Ah, it feels good to be wanted.

Anyway, the former was about a 30- to 45-minute drive from me - assuming there's no traffic, which is hardly ever the case around here - and the latter 10 minutes from me regardless of traffic. The pay was slightly different, but it was really the distance, and therefore the cost of transportation (gas), that cinched the deal. I was offered the real estate job at the end of the interview and accepted it on the spot! Woo again! I am now a Marketing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (to the President and VP).

I started Monday morning bright and early. As the MC, I'm in charge of producing, editing and maintaining all the flyers, marketing and sales materials and lease packets for all the properties (industrial, retail and office spaces for lease and sale). A *lot* of Photoshop is involved (I love that program). as well as creativity. I'm busy from the minute I walk in to the minute I sign out, which is perfect. I am also responsible for updating and maintaining our website and four other property databases. Needless to say, I'm busy all day, which is perfect for me; I have to be kept occupied or I'll get bored.

Today was my second day and I'm loving it. It's a really great team of brokers and agents, and my boss is really awesome (I'm so lucky). I knocked on my boss's door before leaving today and he looks up with a smile and a 'Hey!' I announced, with a straight face, that I had some bad news to tell him. His face dropped - the girl I'm replacing was only there for a month when she decided that the job wasn't what she wanted - and I couldn't hold my poker face and laughingly told him I was just kidding. He actually thought I was serious for a moment, his relief was palpable, and he was not amused; he said, "Gah, you're such a moron!" Haha. It's good that I can joke with him like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home