Friday, March 16, 2007

The Office

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view, my office is nothing like The Office. I'd love to work with Ricky Gervais; I'd probably never get any real work done but I think that's a small price to pay for his comedic presence.

Anyway, the real point of this entry is to rant about the fact that I haven't anything in my 'office'. Okay, okay, it's really a cubicle but it's huge. My desk is the size of two normal cubicles (and it's only half full) and it's pretty devoid of any personal touches.

To spruce this place up, I'll need a plant or two (the girl before me had lucky bamboo) and some pictures. My sister's already chosen a couple of pictures for me (a couple of floral prints she's done and a picture of our entire family at my university graduation). I'll also need some of my friends and some feel-good pictures from my travels (looking at them reminds me of good times and makes me feel good). I've already plugged the speakers into my mp3 player and got a personal stash of snacks (pretzels, some chocolates and I also bring a mix of oranges, bananas, pears and cherry tomatoes everyday).

Eye candy also differentiates my office from The Office. Mm mmm, and what nice eye candy he is, too! It's a shame that I refuse to hook up (in every sense of the word) with coworkers - it's a personal rule. (I know 'hook up' isn't one word but you get my drift.) Pity! Oh well at least I can look even if I can't touch. Speaking of touching, that reminds me Frank's birthday party...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home