Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hiking

Did I mention that I went hiking on Sunday? Me, hiking?? Hey, I love nature! Just because I've never been camping before don't mean nothin'...and anyway, I plan on rectifying that by going camping this summer, so there! Okay, it is a bit sad that I've never been camping and I've lived up here for almost 10 years now...

Moving swiftly along, I went hiking with Frank. Now he's quite experienced with this kind of stuff...and there's me, a city lass that's never gone hiking before. Oh boy. We were in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness Area and apparently, there are a bunch of lakes up there (like the gorgeous Enchantment Lakes - even the name is lovely!). I survived but then again, it wasn't a very proper hike because there wasn't really a trail; we just followed the road in for about 3 miles. It was a shame that I had to be back by 5pm because it would've been really nice to have gone in further - and I feel kinda bad about cutting Frank's time up there short - sorry Frank! - and maybe have seen some lakes and some real scenery. Nonetheless, it was a really nice outing. The weather was warm and clear, the air was fresh, the birds were chirping away and I had my rose-coloured sunglasses on - ha. However, if I plan on doing more hiking and camping stuff, which I do, I'm going to need some proper hiking boots and something other than jeans to wear...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home