Monday, July 09, 2007

...Shopping...

I love this time of the year, not only because the weather's absolutely gorgeous (unless you're in the UK, where there have been floods and barely a lick of sunshine) but also because everyone's having sales! I've been taking my cousin on shopping trips and this Saturday was no different. We'd had a totally insane Friday so needed something really chilled out, so shopping it is.

My sister and I took her around Downtown Seattle where the major shopping area is, and we kept finding deals after deals! I love shopping - window, grocery, even for other people! - but I seriously cannot buy anymore stuff for myself. Thank goodness I'm a total bargain hunter and refuse to pay full price for just about anything (picture this: a one-shoulder flapper-style dress and T-bar peep-toe heels - totally retro and only $15!! Gotta love Urban Outfitters and their additional 50% off all sale items!), otherwise I'd be in serious trouble. As it is, I've used up my shopping budget for the month and no more! The funny thing is, I said the same thing but added "except for shoes" as I was paying for my dress at Urban, then made about 10 steps away from the register only to be distracted by my sister, a couch and a pair of black, T-bar heels. Shit. I did say "except for shoes" though!

My sister called me over after I'd paid to show me a pair of (men's) Vans then wandered off, so I decided to wait on a couch that was conveniently placed by the (men's) shoes. Safe enough by the men's shoes, right? Ha. Fate works in mysterious ways. I sat down and saw a pair of T-bar heels. Now normally I wouldn't go for T-bar anything but my cousin had been looking for a pair of black (low) heels for work, so I picked it up, saw the price tag and nabbed her. This pair was so versatile, she could wear it to work and out...and it was in her size! They fit (of course!) and looked so cute (duh!) and, best of all, they were 50% off of $19.99 (it's Fate!)! (The website has it listed at a much higher price though.)

As we were admiring her feet encased in such cute shoes, despite being T-bars and all that, she looked over and pulled up another pair and said, "Look, your size!" Shit (again). I tried them on and they actually didn't look too bad, but not only that (there were so many pros to buying these shoes that I had to do a list format haha):


- they made my size 8 feet look dainty (not an easy feat mind you!),
- my sister fit them, too,
- and she'd been looking for a pair of black low heels to wear to dances (seeing as she can't walk in either of my black heels as they're both 4 inches),
- having a pair of black low heels is rather essential to any female's wardrobe,

- they match the dress I just bought (not a crucial selling point but an added bonus),

- and they
were only $10.

We bought both pairs of shoes (so cheap!) and hightailed it out of there before anything else could distract us. Gawd, I love shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home