Friday, June 08, 2007

Last Night

(Now I have Diddy's 'Last Night' stuck in my head...)

So last night didn't end as I'd envisioned. I feel THWARTED! Russ's parents (and brother, who arrived today) are visiting for about 2 and a half weeks, which started last week, and so I haven't had a chance to see him at all. Sad! I know. I've been feeling very deprived. However, last night was supposed to be a reprieve and it was, to an extent.

It was his graduation dinner. All those graduating from his professional master's program - UW (w00t w00t!! Go dawgs!) - were invited to a very nice and formal (although you couldn't tell it from what some of the people were wearing...) dinner at a very nice restaurant by the lake. I'd envisioned a really nice dinner, seeing all the geeky looking geeks in his program (We were the best looking couple there - his words, not mine.), and then some quality time together. 2 out of 3 was not good enough. BAH!

What happened to 3, you ask? A flat tire is what happened!! *SCRIBBLE SCRIBBLE SCRIBBLE* We were driving along when I detected a weird sound coming from his side of the car, from the back. Then it went away. Then it came back with a vengeance. Oh snap, what the hell is that thud thud thud sound?! Exactly what I said, minus the 'oh snap'. I pull into the parking lot of Bell Square, we get out and fuck, I've got a flat tire. Arghhh I hate flats! They're such a hassle and they get your hands all dirty! Russ, being my hero, changed my flat for me. Yay. I felt like such a princess watching him do it. Oh yeah, and we were still in our evening finery, too, though he did take off his tie and unbutton the top of his shirt and his cuffs. (My frothy petticoat made me feel even more of a princess.) Mind you, he looked really sexy getting down and dirty with the (stupid) tire. I'm incorrigible.

By the time we'd finished putting on the spare and washed our hands, it was almost 11pm! Both of us had to be up early the next day, so there wasn't much we could do but go home. Bah!

This morning, I went down to local garage to see about getting my tire fixed. The guy took it out and I was, like, 'Hey, what's the shiny thing?' Hot damn, it was a razor blade embedded in my tire. Bloody hell! My mom's first reaction was 'WHAT?! Someone slashed your tires?!?!' Uh, no, it would be quite difficult to slash a tire with a razor blade. So now I gotta replace that stupid tire. See? Flats are SO annoying!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home