Monday, June 04, 2007

Second Half Of My Whirlwind Tour

Back in England, it was also pouring down rain. Great. I waited an hour for my coach bus to Cambridge, warmed myself up at Yseult's house with a roaring fire and a nice cup of tea, packed up half of my books that I'd left with her, and caught the next train to Bristol. Halfway to Bristol, she texts me and AHHHH I'd left my passport at her house somehow. I must've taken it out of my bag without even realizing it. That just goes to show you how tired I was at that point. Since I didn't need it for another day and a half, I wasn't too worried about it because worse comes to worse, I'd just go back to Cambridge the next evening and go to Heathrow from there on Tuesday.

Being back at Tony and Jude's felt so good. They made me a proper Sunday roast - yay!! - and it tasted sooooooo yummy!! Since the dinner at the wedding, I hadn't had any other food save for some dried fruit that Yseult gave me. I knew that all I had to do was get through the first 4 days of my trip and that as soon as I got to Bristol, I could stop and relax. (To bad I had decided it was easiest to travel back to Cambridge the next day for my passport, but oh well.)

Nick came to visit, as well, and we all chilled out in front of the TV, chatting about nothing at all. It was a lot of fun just hanging out. Around midnight, I decided I needed to sleep, that my body really needed rest after having not really slept since my first night here, even if I wasn't feeling tired. I clonked out soon after my head hit the pillow and didn't wake up until noon the next day! I can't believe I slept till noon but I guess I was really, really tired. Of course, I felt much more alive the next day - and apparently didn't look like shit as much, too, ha. Unfortunately, Nick got called back to work so we didn't get much of a chance to catch up, but then I left for Cambridge around 4pm so I just didn't get all the time I had wanted to have in Bristol. Major bummer.

My trip back to Cambs was perfectly uneventful. Back at Yseult's, we hung out and chatted about everything (girl talk, y'know) and I warmed myself in front of her fire again. Yes, it was pouring down rain still and I was freezing. Nicola came home and we chatted some more. We all went to sleep around close to midnight. I was up again at 3:30am, packed up my stuff, got into my taxi and onto my train for Heathrow. I got to the airport okay, got on the flight okay, and got home okay. For once, I wasn't terribly upset about leaving the UK (and y'all know how much I hate leaving the UK) and I was actually looking forward to coming home. At Chicago O'Hare, while waiting for my connecting flight, I'd texted all my friends saying that I was almost home. Ryan told me earlier that he was a bit shocked that I'd called Seattle 'home'. Ha. I'm thinking Russ had a part in making the leave much easier this time, hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home