Monday, September 24, 2007

"6-Month"

I just read Peach's LiveJournal and I can't believe she's been with Potato for three months now! That reminded me that R and I have been together for almost 6 months now. Time sure flies when you're having fun! I echo her sentiments: "he is freakin' wonderful", and more importantly, "I can actually say that I'm truly happy". The whole "I don't remember what life was like without him"...yeah, not so much because I definitely remember what life was like without him and let's just say I'm at a MUCH happier place right now.

Thinking about our 6-month coming up reminds me of something Raven said to me earlier this year, about how he can tell whether or not a relationship will last by the 6-month mark. How can you know things like that though? But I guess he does. Does it come with age (haha)?

Peach also mentioned that Potato wants to take her to Disneyland. Cool! Our lives seem a bit parallel because R keeps saying that he wants to go traveling with me and last night we actually hashed out a 2-week trip to Italy. I've always wanted to go to the Venice Carnival (25 January - 5 February this year) and we threw ideas and budgets around. It could very well happen this year!

Anyway, things are just hunky dory for me right now. I can say that it's because I've got a job that's still kickin' ass...or it's because I'm kickin' ass at work and just got a glowing 6-month review...or maybe it's because I've injected some form of stability in my life, having decided to stay put for at least a year or two (unless some unforeseen fortune befalls me and I have to move). I can say all that but I know a big part of all this hunky dory'ness is R's doing.

Since I've jumped on this lovey-dovey, I'm-so-happy-I'll-sing-in-public-whilst-sober bandwagon, I have to say R was so sweet on Saturday. I'd been a bit annoyed with him lately, for reasons I shan't go into right now, and I think he might have felt it or I might have slipped and let it show on my face but either way, Saturday night went a long way to soothing my ruffled feathers. Earlier that day, we'd gone to IKEA; I just got a new bed (queen size) and now needed a bed frame to go with it. Me in IKEA is like a kid in a candy shop and I absolutely loved it. It's so inspirational, especially since I've started reading IKEA hacker on a daily basis and now I just want to hack everything (not that I didn't before but it's a much stronger urge now).

Dinner was at Mixtura (new Andean cuisine), which was nice. He was due to go to a friend's birthday party (and he didn't invite me mind you, even though I always invite him out with mine) so with a couple of hours to kill, we went back to his. Long story short: he basically spent the entire night cuddling and loving me. I kept nodding off on his shoulders because I'd been up since 7am and I remember waking up once to him snuggling me and once (or twice?) to kisses. At one point (or two? Ha, I was so out of it!) I remember looking at the clock and asking if he had to get going soon and he just murmured, "No, it's okay." Everyone with me now: "Awwwwwwww!" Yeah, that's right, my boyfriend's freakin' awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home