Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dave Matthews Band, Joss Stone, John Legend, Lupe Fiasco, Wu-Tang Clan

Five concerts in two days is very tiring. I think I've finally recovered from all that exhaustion. It's tough being young and going out and doing fun things...

Dave Matthews Band was at The Gorge last Saturday. We went to Day 2 of their usual three-day concert series. Ryan's got some goofy pictures on his camera; they'll be here soon. Much to my dismay, DMB didn't play Crash, Dream Girl or American Baby. Those are my favorites I must say. Dem reckoned it'd take us three hours to drive, then realized that it was me who was driving; I made it in two. R made it back in two hours, too. We were absolutely dead on our feet by the time we made it out of there and I tried to stay awake - I'm usually quite good at keeping the driver awake in such circumstances - but I kept falling asleep and just couldn't keep my eyes open. R, who had offered to drive home, had to get a Red Bull (disgusting) to make it home. My hero.

Joss Stone, John Legend, Lupe Fiasco and Wu-Tang Clan were at Bumbershoot, the awesome three-day music festival that takes place at the Seattle Center every year. They're all-day events, and we were there all day. R and I went to see Stone and Legend perform in the day time, met up with a couple of his friends, then tried to get in to see Michael Ian Black. He's so funny - I love him on VH1's "I Love The..." series (I Love The 80's, etc.) - and I really, really wanted to see his act. Sadly, we didn't make it in; the venue filled up before we got through the door. Tragic! Damnit. At least John Legend rocked my socks off and I wasn't even wearing socks! That's how good he was.

Lupe Fiasco and Wu-Tang...well, the boys wanted to see them. I
could've left early since R could've gotten a lift home with his mates but I kinda wanted to stick around to see what it was like to see a hip-hop concert. Let's just say - and I know this'll probably offend some people but you shouldn't be offended because this is just my opinion and I'm just trying to put it into perspective - that it was like an Nsync concert gone hip-hop. And the audience was a little more grown-up. It was an experience. (Kinda like that rave I went to? Yeah, exactly.) Did I mention all the smokers around us? Yeah... By the end of the night, my feet were killing me and we were completely exhausted (having not recovered sufficiently enough from our DMB adventure). I swear, sometimes I think we are getting too old for this kind of crap.

By the way, Target had set up a booth with mini makeover stations (for eyes, face, lips and hair...but they stopped doing faces because of all the sweat and germs flying around at the festival - I don't blame them), so the only girl in our little group had to get her hair and eyes done over. I don't like wearing lipstick or gloss much, so I skipped that. The eye-girl went waaaay overboard with the grey eyeshadow on my smokey eye but my hair kicked ass! Wish I could recreate it somehow but I've got two left hands when it comes to my hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home