Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Last Two Weeks

I blink and two weeks have gone by since my last post. Last week was a whirlwind of activity and I wouldn't remember everything unless I consulted my calendar. I definitely remember being totally swamped at work and hurrah-ing R coming home. Yeah, he's home now (Yay!), having survived his two-week holiday in the Philippines. He flew home on Saturday and basically crashed out for the entire day. I did manage to prod him awake for lunch (at 1:30 pm mind you, at which time I was absolutely starving) but then he slept for the rest of the day. Red-headed Jessica's graduation party was later that night, which called for more Mexican food. Yummy. Her dad's house is absolutely gorgeous (if a bit too Romanesque for my taste) and I want the closet. Peach, Potato and I were the only brownies there; Ryan was in Hawaii.

My cousin and brother's birthdays were also last week and we, along with R and a couple of my friends, went out for happy hour drinks at The Parlor. I love their Mango Madness drink, and that's saying a lot since I don't drink, but I had a Coke as usual; I was also designated driver anyway. The birthday kids drove down to SF on Wednesday, leaving me plenty of quality time with R. Hehehe.

Friday was Wendy's birthday dinner get-together and that was really lovely. It was great to see her, Jill, Heather (whom I haven't seen since Christmas) and Alexis. Ah, my Crabtree girls. R came to dinner with me, too, so the girls got to meet him and they all gave me two thumbs up. Too bad Wendy's man couldn't make it down but we're all meeting up again for her housewarming party as soon as she gets herself settled in at her new place.

I also picked up my bridesmaid dress but it's a bit longer than I remembered so I've got an appointment with a seamstress on Thursday. It shouldn't be too hard, since it's only a hem. Forget David's Bridal; Dem's dress has been with them for six weeks and it's STILL not done. Geez louise. If only Ros were here...

Finally, the weekend arrives and I can take a break from the hectic madness that is work. Saturday was Em's bridal shower. Yay! It was held at her soon-to-be sister-in-law's house. BEAUTIFUL house by the way. The hardwood floors, black furniture (which I've been wanting for months!), color palettes...just everything! Best of all, they have two adorable chow chows! They're SO cute!! Made me want a dog so bad (all over again). *Sigh* When I finally get my own house... Gab's an awesome hostess, too. Everything was so perfect, from the invitations to the food to the games (and, of course, the house). Perfect Mickey and Minny-ness. Did you know that if you send a bridal shower invitation to Minny, she'll respond with an autographed photograph and an apology for not being able to attend? How cool is that?! (To wedding invitations, you get a response from both Micky and Minny.)

Later that night, I found myself in Qwest Field, in the middle of a massive rave. Wow. Random! Exactly. Frank texted me about it. Then R called and mentioned it. Then I asked Frank how much. Then R called to say that he was going with some friends and right after we hung up with each other, Frank texted me with an extra ticket. Whoa. Serendipity? I guess. So that's how I found myself totally not dressed for the occasion (but looking super cute anyways!), standing in the middle of a huge crowd of ravers, staring up at one of three stages, and thinking to myself, "I can't dance to this stuff." All I could do was bop up and down, bending slightly at the knees. That's not dancing by the way. There were people dancing - and yes, seriously dancing - and I have no idea how to move that way. A lot of bouncing was involved. Toto, I don't think I'm at R Place anymore...

Ravers are an interesting crowd. Wonder what my anthropology professor would have to say about them. To use some clichés, there were quite a few goths and punks, anime convention types (unicorn packpacks, fairy wings, hats/headbands with cat ears) and go-go girls (knee-high furry boots, torn fishnet stockings, scraps of cloth passing as a top and skirt), and my gaydar was going off like crazy. I must admit, though, there were quite a few really hot guys strolling around. There was also a lot of half-naked bodies (of both genders, mind you), the most memorable one being a girl wearing a corset-type top, minus the bra cups. Literally. Her ladies were out for the whole world and their mother to see, and a couple of guys came up and took pictures of her. I managed to stay awake until 2:30 am, letting R see Paul Van Dyke for a half an hour, and then we went home. That's my first (and last) rave, and now I can check it off my 'been there, done that (never doing again)' list. Exciting.

Sunday was a long day, too. I took my mom, cousin and sister to Chinatown for dim sum, then down to Pike Place Market to see the fish guys (the yummy one was working that day!) and for a stroll along the waterfront. After that, we went to SAM's Olympic Sculpture Park and to Kerry Park up on Queen Anne. Friday night was the first time I'd ever been there, but I'd heard a lot about it. Our postcard pictures are mostly taken from there. Anyway, R took me up there after Wendy's dinner and it was really romantic of him. Then the rain decided to spoil things for everyone except for one couple and their friend - it was a proposal! At Kerry Park, in the rain, with Downtown Seattle as a backdrop. What a perfect Seattle proposal. And he was down on one knee! Their friend was videotaping the whole thing. Awww!

Anyway, everyone but me needed a nap after all that so I dropped them off and R came by to pick me up for dinner: Jewel of India in the U District. Indian! Chicken tikka masala! Garlic naan! Ohmygoodness, the food was so good and I was so happy. Y'all know how much I love Indian food.

Now it's Tuesday. I've got a baseball game and a burlesque show to attend, a measuring appointment with a seamstress, a website to throw up by the end of this week (hopefully!), more hectic madness at work, and a trip up to Canada for this week. Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home