Monday, July 09, 2007

Ceroc (Finally!)...

My weekend saw me busy running around all over the place, as usual, and it was GREAT.

Friday evening, I closed up the office at 5:30 right on the dot and booked it up to Canada, to Ceroc. That's right, I finally went to Ceroc! I was SO excited and it made me SO happy, you've no idea! Emily came up with me and we had such a blast. It was just like the old days when we were little: I'd suggest something to do, usually something a little bit crazy, and she'd totally agree and tag right along with me in the madness. Awesome.

Our adventure this time involved us racing up to Canada to dance Ceroc and then driving straight home afterwards. Easy simples, right? Ha. Life with me is never dull, as my cousin said (funny that, I said the same thing to Flick when we found ourselves seated at a table at Bassingbourn's Officers' Summer Ball). I made the drive to the border in less than 2 hours (don't ask how fast I was going) just to get stuck there for literally an hour. So there's me banging my fists on my steering wheel argh-ing about the stupid traffic at the border crossing, and my cousin's chilling in the passenger seat laughing at my road rage. Fun times. There were five lanes open but everyone was so slow for some reason! Argh!


Anyway, we finally made it across the border, with my cousin getting a new stamp in her passport (yay), and it took us just a little longer to get to the
Ceroc venue since I was unfamiliar with the roads. We got in about 2 hours of dancing and it was sooooo great! It felt so good to be dancing again (obviously, my dancing shoes were quite happy with me)! I met three dance instructors and danced with two: Kerri (with awesome green hair!), EJ and Tom. My poor cousin's never danced before, let along Ceroc, and I just threw her to the wolves basically. An older gent grabbed her hand and dragged her out onto the dance floor for two songs in a row as I happily waved her on. As for me, well, I just plunged right back into the fray (not that I had much say in it!) after having not danced at all since October. Then again, Ceroc's so easy that it's hard to forget how to dance it once you've learned it. The only things missing were my Ceroc friends, my (former) Ceroc partner (I miss you guys so much!) and my boyfriend. Nonetheless, Emily and I had an amazing time - I'm sure she's hooked on it now but sadly, there's none in Taiwan! - and I'm hoping I'll be able to make another trip next weekend, if not sooner.

We left around 11pm to make the drive home. Yeah, we drove straight home because I had something that required my presence the next day so we couldn't stay the night, but I wasn't going to sacrifice my Ceroc time even if it meant that I wouldn't be getting any sleep! We were starving by the time we left and for the life of me, I couldn't find anything that was open besides Subway, but by the time I noticed the 'OPEN' sign was on, I'd already passed it and didn't want to backtrack. So I figured we'd stop at the next gas station to pick up some snacks until we find a place that was open.

We were nearing the border when I saw a gas station sign, next exit, so I exited and turned right as the sign directed. Now usually it's soon after the exit but no, several miles in and I still couldn't see a bloody petrol station!! ARGH! I didn't want to stray too far form the freeway at 11:40pm in a foreign place/country, so I U-turned...and then I couldn't find the stupid southbound on-ramp! WTF?? There was a northbound one but no southbound! We drove past the freeway then U-turned again and this time, there was a sign and a southbound on-ramp. Why wasn't there one going the other direction??


As we neared the next exit, I see a Wendy's. Yay, food! We turned off, got food, fed ourselves then got out of the shopping plaza...only to find that there's no southbound on-ramp AGAIN!! Omfg, are you kidding me?!?! No, seriously, there wasn't one. I looped around a couple of times and only saw a northbound freeway entrance, which I ended taking so that I could turn around at the next exit (the one we were just at!) to go southbound! Geez fucking louise! As we passed the exit with the Wendy's, we looked and there really was no on-ramp to go southbound; I wasn't being a stupid driver after all!


We made it home at about 3am and just crashed, but it sure was exciting. Life really is never dull with me around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home