Saturday, November 12, 2005

Burn!

I burned the back of my hand today at work. :( We do shrink wrapping at work, making custom gift baskets, and I was making one for this lady tonight. (Lady was a BIT weird but that's another story.) We have this hair-dryer looking thing that has a metal nozzle we use to shrink wrap; it heats up the plastic and makes it shrink. Well I was putting the equipment away and accidentally touched the back of my hand. OWW. Damn that burned. And it blistered a little. Good thing I work in a store that carries all sorts of lotions and skincare stuff so I had some topical analgesic handy to smear on my blister. Then I put a plaster (Band-Aid) on it and all was well. But it still kinda stings and it'll probably leave a scar. *Sigh* Damnit. I've too many burn marks on this hand (right hand)... One on the inside of my wrist (can we say TENDER SPOT??) from cleaning the grill surface at Target (bastards), another one over that first one (yes, same spot) from hot oil splashing on me when I cooked dinner for Nick, Sophie and myself and now THIS on the back of my hand! Someone get me an iron glove!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home