Saturday, November 05, 2005

Snowboarding

Dem really, really wants to go snowboarding this winter and the more I think about it, the more I want to and the more excited I get about it! And guess what?! REI - an outdoor gear and clothing store that's big here - is having a massive sale!! I don't really need much gear as most of the equipment can be rented; I just really need a pair of waterproof/breathable trousers. So it's off to the sale I go! Oooh, I'm so excited!! I've gone snowboarding once, years ago. I was probably about 12 and I remember my instructor's name was JC, which was really cool to me because it was close to my name (my initials actually!). We all took lessons on the bunny slope and that was a blast! I never did learn how to properly stop, though, and always had to sit down and fall on my butt in order to stop. It was awesome; my entire body was sore later that night from all the falling I'd done. I heard on the radio that this year is going to be great for snow. Apparently, many of the skiing/snowboarding places, like Steven's Pass (the closest one), Mount Baker and Crystal Mountain, are expecting lots of snow this year and opening earlier than usual. So let my inner snowbunny out to play!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home