Thursday, October 27, 2005

Miami Ad School is Awesome

It didn't work out. They required that I recieve credit for it and I'm not about to charge myself more money just to get an internship that's only for half the quarter and in which I'll only be in about 6-8 hours a week. Not worth it. We also decided that I wouldn't get as much out of it as I would if I were doing 10-15 hours, like usual, so that was a negative as well. So in the end, I'm just gonna stick with the one I've got.

We had 2 guest speakers for advertising today in my PR class. Advertising sounds so much more fun and rewarding, creative-wise. One of the speakers was Daniel McAtee, Admissions Director from the Miami Ad School in San Francisco. Now I've heard of the Miami Ad School in an email from my program coordinator and just from reading the email about the school, it sounded really, really awesome, but I thought it was only in Miami and San Francisco and nowhere near Europe. Bah. However, I found out today that it's actually all over! Oh what joy!! There are schools all over the US, of course, and in London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Hamburg, Madrid, Prague and Bucharest. Can you imagine how CHUFFED I was when I found that out?! Ohmygosh, I could apply for one of the schools in Europe and build my portfolio there! EXCITING!! I talked to him about the admissions process for the London school and it turns out that that's not a 'permanent' school; I'd have to apply to one of the permanent schools, i.e. Hamburg (I think), attend there for the first year then go study at any of the other schools for my second year. Hey, Hamburg is still closer to England than Miami! Woohoo! So anyways, I'm gonna email him and get a clearer understanding about what the school's all about, what I'd learn there, how much it'd cost and how it'd fit into my whole scheme of things. Like I said, EXCITING!!
Jr had taken this picture of me at R Place on Friday and posted on my MySpace. I love my gauchos!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home