Monday, October 24, 2005

Clothes and Fashion Advice

Cable knit sweaters are MINE. Yes, I found some that exactly fit my bill (I'm picky) and for a whopping price of...drumroll please...$13! Woohoo, go me! I am the ultimate bargain hunter. Lemme tell you, it pays to shop around and wait. I hadn't realised that Washington had any AĆ©ropostale stores. Now that I've got these, I won't be wanting the J Crew ones...unless they go down to $15 or so, which I doubt they will. The only other jumper I want now is this one from Abercrombie & Fitch. AĆ©ropostale also had some really cute polos...but they had waaaay too many buttons and totally grossed me out. *Shudder*

I was talking to Mom the other day and we were discussing the need to invest in a pair of really good dress shoes, the kind you'd wear to the interview of your dream job. Like the ones to the left from J Crew. Italian kid suede, English velvet trim, leather lining and sole, made in Italy. I really should just go shopping for a pair when I'm in Italy...unless these shoes go down even further in price. The yellow ones one the right are really cute as well (but pricier).


Also, if you should invest in a bag, too. Now, I know the rule is 'match your accessories,' which means your shoes should match your belt should match your bag. (Note, this is an universal rule and applies to both guys and ladies.) This usually means they're all the same colour...black or brown being the usual candidates. However, if you're like me and LOVE pink shoes...or yellow...or blue...then the rule flies out the window and 'match' is replaced by 'coordinate.' In other words, your accessories should compliment each other. Take the yellow flats above for an example. Say you have that and need a 'matching' bag; look to the contrasting trim for inspiration and get a bag that's the same navy blue. Wearing a black suit? Wear a yellow shirt underneath for contrast that'll make you stand out and pop in a crowd of blacks, greys and beiges. Just make sure they're the same colour of your shoes so they'll match, too. With so much of your outfit matching, I'd shy away from any matching jewelry (read overkill) unless you have some small jeweled studs, like diamonds or its cheaper cousin, cubic zirconia.


For more fashion and beauty advice, email me. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home